At Southeast Valley Medical Group our experienced primary care providers focus on preventative care so you can fight illness before it starts. But when you do need treatment our providers offer comprehensive care to address of all your health care needs, from pediatrics and women’s health services to disease management and urgent care.
Preventative medicine services offered at Southeast Valley Medical Group include:
- Annual physicals
- Pre-employment physicals
- School and sports physicals and forms
- Cholesterol screening
- Counseling for weight loss, exercise and lifestyle changes
- STD screening
- Immunizations and vaccines for adults and children
Medicare Annual Wellness Visit
Southeast Valley Medical Group also performs Medicare’s Annual Wellness Visit (AWV). As of January 1, 2011, the Affordable Care Act entitles Medicare beneficiaries to a free Annual Wellness Visit, including Personalized Prevention Plan Services (PPPS). The wellness visit is not a physical exam but an opportunity for our providers to:
- Ask questions about chronic conditions like diabetes or heart disease
- Review risk factors for depression and other chronic diseases
- Assess functional ability and cognitive skills
- Determine if you are getting proper nutrition
- Ensure you are taking the right medications at the right time
- Develop or update a plan to prevent disease
This benefit provides an ongoing focus on prevention that can be updated and modified as your health needs change over time. Ask us about the Annual Wellness Visit today.
Our office in the heart of the Southeast Valley is conveniently located for patients from Tempe, Mesa, Chandler and Gilbert, Arizona. Call us to schedule your appointment today at (480) 969-1446, or you can request an appointment online.